Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Two political posts in one day?

I begin my post with a paraphrased excerpt from a conversation with a co-worker, Phil:

Phil: What did you think of the State of the Union?

Me: I could only watch the first 10 minutes or so, all I heard was "terror, terror, terror, freedom, freedom, freedom, blah, blah, blah"

Phil: I just think he is so detached from reality.

Me: It's not that I'm anti-freedom, I just think he's retarded.

That being said... I don't actually think that Dubya is retarded, but I agree with Phil that he is extremely detached from reality. I just can't grasp how what he says actually makes any sense to our nation or how during those 10 minutes I watched he managed to not utter one single point, but rather just a conglomeration of words related to "terror" and "freedom".

And the one thing that specifically infuriated me during the portion of his speech that I watched was when he talked about how the terrorists could only use "fear" against us. It maddened me because fear has quite blatantly been our technique into legitimizing this war and take away personal freedoms through legislation.

I found this link that was sent to me humorous and very poignant, Republicans beware because you'll like this about as much as my views on politics and the war: Decoding the State of the Union

Update 2/2/06 9:30 am: I just read Jim Wallis' take on the address and though I don't always agree with Wallis, he seems dead on here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin I. said...

Is it bad that I missed the SOTU because I was playing D + D?

Does that make me hate freedom?

I think the "detached from reality" is a good way of summing up our current Prez. Well let's just hope he doesn't do much more damage before our regime change.

2/09/2006 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home